Built in Refresh in North Arlington, Va

A good friend of mine wanted to change up her built in and so we decided to get a little crazy and do it in Annie Sloan’s Graphite colored Chalk Paint.  This has become one of my favorite colors and “J” the client is obsessed with grey so it was a match made in heaven!  Here is the before picture:

Those are two of her three little monkeys:-)
And the afters…
I did just one coat of paint and was careful to allow for the wood to show through a bit.  Then I lightly sanded the distressing points and waxed with a dark wax.  We replaced the knobs with two different glass sets and I think it looks beautiful!
While I was there we ended up also painting and distressing her banister. And in case you just fell in love with the photos on the wall they are hers.  She has a boutique photography business focusing on families, you can see more at www.jenniferburnsphotographyblog.com.

Be Sociable, Share!

This entry was posted in Stylish Patina Living. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Built in Refresh in North Arlington, Va

1. Patina says:

Really, really beautiful, Kelly! I'm a big fan of Graphite, too!

2. Kathleen says:

I need to stop by your shop and get a can of that paint. Looks like lots of fun and great results.

3. artie says:

WOW! What a transformation. Oh you give me hope that I can do this myself one day!!!! Really, WOW. I’m bookmarking so I can remember this!!

I love transformations! I just turned my secretary into a bar area in my dining room. I really hope you’ll stop by and check it out: http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com/2011/08/picture-is-worth.html

See you soon, I hope!
    Artie

4. Laurie Spoerke says:

I’ve been looking for examples of pieces done in graphite because I want to paint my dining table with it. Gorgeous and inspirational!

5. abbey lewis says:

so awesome!! if you could… can you tell me what adding wax after painting does, like what purpose does it serve to the piece?

6. CathyF says:

Love this! I’ve also used a black stain over the graphite for a blacker look.

7. Sherry says:

Hi Kelly, This is the first time I have seen this color of chalk paint and it looks wonderful. Thanks for joining the Open house party.

8. carolyn says:

I am amazed at the transformation with just paint! These built-ins look so different. I love it!

9. Vanessa says:

I love how the build in turned out and the. Very rich color and the distress is perfect.

Vanessa