Happy Thursday! This week’s before & after submission is from Stylish Patina reader, Jada. Jada is an avid furniture refresher, she says, “I love to take old pieces of furniture and bring them back to life with paint“. Well, we are glad she does because this week she is sharing a beautiful buffet with us!
Jada found this buffet at auction and knew immediately that it had so much potential.
Here is a before shot of the buffet.
Jada knew this piece needed a little TLC – so she decided to paint it! Her process included:
– 2 coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Coco
– 1 coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White
– Sanded and distressed the dresser by hand
– Dry brushed Old White in different areas
– 2 coats of clear wax & 1 coat of dark wax in areas that needed a more aged look
– Original hardware sprayed with Rustoleum Rubbed Oil Bronze
– Decoupaged drawers with vintage wrapping paper
And without further ado – here is Jada’s finished project, keep scrolling for detail shots!
Thank you for sharing your lovely project Jada! You can achieve the same look as Jada did using Annie Sloan products. We also have an exciting paint class coming up – perfect for learning the skills to paint and transform your own furniture. Register here for the October 11th paint class from 10am-12pm! Spots fill quickly, so register now.
You can shop Annie Sloan’s chalk paint, waxes, brushes and more DIY paint supplies in our online store – we ship all over the country!