If you follow along on Facebook you know I am in the heart of some serious house projects….why, I have no idea! The truth of the matter is that I spend way more time decorating the shop, rough luxe and my design clients houses than I do on my own BUT I do go through phases.
For example I just swapped out my chevron rug that was layered on sisal in the living room to a cow hide rug. I love to move rugs around in my house to me rugs can really make the room so it’s the 1st thing I usually change then pillows & throws (pictures to come..)
Our main focus lately has been the outside so this weekend we planted a tree and a few shrubs spread tons of mulch and painted the exterior in the backyard. The next big thing will be shutters…ugh…who knew they could be so expensive.
Here are a few fun pictures of the exterior transformation of our house over the last 3 years. The images go from left to right in order if it isn’t obvious!
We have done the following so far to make an impact to the front of the house:
– Tore off the port-o-potty as we like to call it
– Painted the front door red
– Installed fypon trim around the door opening (we ordered it online, really easy!)
– Replaced the front door
– Had a new side walk installed
– Landscaping of the front of the house
Next on the list … (it never ends!)
– New shutters for the 4 windows in the front of the house
– Installing hardy plank