Yummm … who doesn’t like homemade lemonade + Sangria? Need a little pick me up? Or something fun to do with the kiddos? Try this…after bed throw your favorite adult bevvy in the mix.
- 1 medium lime (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 1 medium lemon (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or sub agave, powdered coconut sugar, maple syrup, or stevia to taste // for drier sangria, omit)
- 1/4 cup apple brandy (Laird’s Apple Jack brand // or sub brandy, but apple brandy has a subtler apple flavor + smoother, gentler finish)
- 1/2 medium organic green apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 1 medium ripe peach or nectarine (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 750-ml bottle dry, crisp white wine (chilled // I prefer white table wine from Spain or Portugal (I liked Alianca brand!) but Sauvignon Blanc adds a nice complexity, and Pinot Grigio works, too)
- Ice or frozen berries for serving
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Add lime, lemon, and sugar (or other sweeteners) to a large pitcher (or use multiple pitchers if making a larger batch) and muddle with a muddler or gently crush with a wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
- Add apple brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds. Add apple, nectarine, and strawberries and stir to incorporate. Then add wine and stir once more.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more sweetener of choice for sweetness, lemon or lime juice for acidity, or fruit. Stir to combine.
- Add ice or frozen berries and stir once more to chill. Serve as is or with a bit more ice and mint (optional). To dilute the mixture, top off glasses with a bit of sparkling water (optional).
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when enjoyed within the first 1-2 days.
Hopefully this homemade lemonade + sangria recipe will help keep you cool. Staying safe + cool during this hot hot summer!
The shop is open Thursday – Sunday 11-4pm and our online shop is up and running www.stylishpatinashop.com we don’t have everything on there yet but more things are getting added daily! Check out our other popular blog posts here.